Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Bathroom faucet replacement question

wrote:
On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 16:19:05 -0400, Bill
wrote:

Iggy wrote:
replying to Bill, Iggy wrote:
A valid question and I've pre-attached the flexible and even
straight-shot
rigid supply lines whenever possible. However, they do sometimes get
in the
way and make a basin wrench more difficult to use, because you can't see
through the supply lines to know if you're turning what you hope you are.
Where it really becomes a problem is with the cabinet size and style. You
don't get many view angles in a 24" cabinet and same goes for cabinets
that
have a center stile between the doors. Wall Hung and Pedestal sinks
can be
quite tight and having the supply lines on can interfere with a basin
wrench's
use, on the handle end. Remember, Supply Valves are usually in the way
too
and, commonly, even the drain pipe from the wall or floor.

Yes, things are tight enough under there that the less time I have to be
there, the better I'll like it!

All the more reason to use the flex hose connections. They use a
rubber gasket and you can get them for 3/8" compression or 1/2"
threaded connections in any combination. Get the appropriate ones for
your setup and off you go.

Okay, you've talked me into it. Home Depot should give you a
commission. My reason for not replacing them, was that removing the
old ones runs the risk of conceivably damaging the shut-off valves, but
that doesn't seem like a good excuse--unless I somehow damage the
shut-off valves, and in that case I'll be sorry!
Hold the shut off valve with a wrench (or anything?) while removing the
hose?

Bill