Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Thank Goodness Jorgenson/Pony has been bought

On 10/18/2017 7:21 PM, Spalted Walt wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

I have made several comments about the likes and dislikes of my
CabinetMaster, Jet, and Bessey Revo clamps.

I remain sold on the CabinetMasters and thank goodness they will be in
production again one day.

On my current small project I was trying to get my 12" Bessey Revo to
slide all the way open but is simply would not slide past a certain
point on the bar. No glue on the bar that I could see and that was
frustrating with me being in the middle of a glue up. Out of
desperation a whack with a hammer persuaded the clamp to open fully.
Seems to be fine now but what a PIA.

Today while removing clamps from a small glue up I could not turn the
handle much more than 1/8 of a turn on a Jet parallel clamp. That was
enough to remove the clamp but the screw has seized midway between fully
loose and fully tight. I'm eagerly waiting for a response from Jet,
these like CabinetMasters have a life time warranty.

They are scarce but occasionally find them on eBay.

Pair of new 24" Jorgensen Cabinet Masters $118 & free shipping
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jorgensen-C...-/222680437914

They were out of production for at least a year IIRC, Jorgensen shut
down operations and were recently bought by another company. They are
in the process of restoring operations.

http://jorgensenponyclamp.com/