Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] oldschool@tubes.com is offline

Default Can electrolytic capacitors get loose wires inside?

On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 12:35:42 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Rather than the cap leads being broken internally, I would suspect that they
are broken in the holes of the PC board. Try a quick re-solder first. If it be
haves the same, just replace them.
Dan

I did resolder them. I carefully looked over the solder joints on the
whole board. All looked ok, but a few were skimpy on the solder, so I
resoldered them. I touched the cap leads just for the heck of it, even
though they looked good. But it's quit working since then again. I
should get my caps in the mail by the end of the week and will replace
this one.