Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default My Email To Home Depot Regarding The Husky Hand Tool Replacment Process

I just sent this email to Home Depot Customer Care. I share it with the
members of this fine group just in case you have a Husky hand tool that
needs to be replaced someday. As you will soon see, the process is
pretty straightforward. ;-)

Hi!

Having recently taken advantage of the €śGuaranteed Forever€ť warranty on a
Husky hand tool, I thought that I would do a favor for Home Depot customers..
I wrote a step-by-step guide for your customers to follow to make the tool
replacement experience as enjoyable as possible. Perhaps you would consider
posting this in the Help section of your website so that others can follow
the same process. Please let me know what you think.

1. Go to a Home Depot store with the broken tool. Learn that if Home Depot
no longer carries that exact model, you have to call 888-HD-HUSKY.

2. Call 888-HD-HUSKY. Learn that the replacement of Husky hand tools is the
responsibility of the Home Depot. If they no longer carry the same model,
they have to replace it with an equivalent model.

3. Call the Home Depot store. Learn that they dont carry an equivalent
model, so you have to call 888-HD-HUSKY.

4. Call 888-HD-HUSKY. Learn that if the store doesnt have an equivalent
model, the store has to determine the last price that the original model
sold for and give you store credit for that amount.

5. Call the Home Depot store. Learn that they have no way of determining the
last price that a 15 year old tool sold for. Also learn that the store
employee feels that after 15 years, the tool failed because of "wear and
tear" and that "wear and tear" is not covered.

6. Inform the store employee that the HD website states €śIf your Husky hand
tool ever fails, bring it back and we will replace it free.€ť Inform the store
employee that there is no €śwear and tear€ť exclusion to the Guaranteed Forever
warranty.

7. Learn that there is nothing further that the store can do. Learn that the
only option left is to call the Home Depot Customer Care department at the
Home Depot corporate offices. Obtain the number from the store employee.

8. Call the Home Depot Customer Care department. Learn that they have a
"Proprietary Products" department that handles situations like this. Hold
while they transfer you.

9. Get transferred to a very nice lady named Gladys. Spend some time on the
phone with Gladys while both of you search the HD website for an equivalent
replacement. Since Husky no longer supplies anything close to the tool that
you are trying to replace, choose a somewhat-equivalent tool from a different
manufacturer.

10. Open your email to find a Home Depot Gift Card from Gladys for the price
of the non-Husky but somewhat-equivalent replacement tool.

11. Thank Gladys for her customer focus and genuine desire to help in any
way that she could.

12. Order the non-Husky but somewhat-equivalent replacement tool on
homedepot.com using the gift card.

13. Accept the fact that the non-Husky but somewhat-equivalent replacement
tool is not €śGuaranteed Forever€ť like a Husky replacement would have been.

There you go...pretty simple, right? All it takes is 3 contacts with the local
store, 2 calls to 888-HD-HUSKY and 1 call to the Home Depot corporate office
to obtain a non-guaranteed, non-Husky, somewhat-equivalent replacement for
your Husky hand tool.

I look forward to seeing my write-up in the Help section of homedepot.com.
You dont even have to give me credit. I simply want to help my fellow
Home Depot customers.

Sincerely yours.