Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boiler pilot flame detection [Is Geoff lurking somewhere?]

On 18/10/2017 15:14, Andy wrote:
replying to Roger Mills, Andy wrote:
Hi Roger,

Did you ever get this fault sorted out? I have exactly the same fault on
the
same Baxi Solo WM70 boiler and I haven't been able to solve the problem.
Cheers,
Andy

Yes and no, depending on what you're asking.

Yes - the boiler has worked fine ever since I cleaned the pilot burner.

No - no-one offered an explanation as to how a weak pilot could be good
enough for flame detection to turn off the spark generator, but not good
enough to turn on the main gas valve.
--
Cheers,
Roger