Adam Russell

Default First home inspection coming up...

"Generic Male Homosapien" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:31:02 +0000 (UTC), Chris Eller
wrote:

Hello all. My wife and I are 99% through the process of purchasing a

home
for the first time. I'll be following the inspector through the home
tomorrow. I plan on taking notes along with him, but I was hoping to
glean some information from the pool of experience here.

Are there things I should especially keep an eye peeled for during the
inspection? This is in south central Indiana, the home was built in 1965
and it has been raining today and is forcast to rain more tomorrow. The
home has an unfinished basement (smelled and looked very dry during a
prior visit, but it had not rained recently).

Thank you all in advance!

Chris

The rain is to your advantage. Before the guy comes, totally saturate
the lawn next to the driveway, and tell him that he must park his
caddilac there. His car will sink into the mud all the way to the
axels, and he will lose his shoes while walking to the front door.
Then get a BIG dog that bites. The dog will bite his ankles, and he
will scurry back to his car, use his cellphone to call a wrecker, and
will never enter the house. By the time he leaves, you can use the
dog as a weapon to force him to write a good report about the home.
If he refuses, then refuse the wrecker to enter the property, and Mr.
Inspector will be forced to walk home without his cadillac and his
shoes, and with a dog biting his ankles every step of the way.

There ARE ways to get approved !!!!!

He's buying not selling.