Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.os.linux,sci.electronics.repair
harry newton harry newton is offline

Default Did you update your router for the WPA2/PSK KRACK nonce re-use attack yet?

He who is Roger Blake said on Tue, 17 Oct 2017 01:03:46 -0000 (UTC):

Huge numbers of cheap wifi-connected devices, many poorly-designed, most of
them likely never receiving security updates. What could possibly go wrong?

Well, much more information is out today than yesterday, where it appears
that this situation was handled well since May of this year.

The one open-source fiasco was the anomaly of OpenBSD, which the authors
vowed to never let happen again.

Otherwise, the proprietary solutions were all fixed (or being fixed) in the
way that'd you'd expect.

The problem is in all WiFi WPA1 and WPA2 implementations, but mostly in
Linux and Android "clients" and less so in iOS and Windows clients.

Likewise less so in "routers" not set up as "bridges" (where,
unfortunately, almost all the many routers in my home are almost all set up
as bridges or as stations - all of which are vulnerable).

I guess, when the smoke clears, the problem will be the unsupported
devices, of which Android may be a significant set as may be some of the
older routers and access points.