Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.os.linux,sci.electronics.repair
Jonathan N. Little Jonathan N. Little is offline

Default Did you update your router for the WPA2/PSK KRACK nonce re-useattack yet?

harry newton wrote:
He who is Bill Bradshaw said on Mon, 16 Oct 2017 09:23:19 -0800:

It appears if you do not use or have WiFi and WPS enabled you should
be secure from this. Since I have both disabled I assume I am safe
because I use neither.

More so than routers, mostly all known wifi "clients" are affected (e.g.,
all consumer smartphones and computers) that use either WPA or WPA2
(enterprise or personal), and even against networks that just use AES.

Some encrypted web sites are also affected, such as Match.com (as shown in
the aforementioned video).

So you're right that it's not a big deal that there is no encryption in all
these cases because the the man in the middle has to be nearby.

Ubuntu just pushed out a patch today.

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y upgrade

and you are good to go.

--
Take care,

Jonathan