Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.os.linux,sci.electronics.repair
William Unruh William Unruh is offline

Default Did you update your router for the WPA2/PSK KRACK nonce re-useattack yet?

On 2017-10-16, s|b wrote:
On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 12:46:08 +0000 (UTC), harry newton wrote:

Did you update your router for the WPA2/PSK KRACK nonce re-use attack yet?
https://www.krackattacks.com

Still waiting for an update for my TP-Link Archer C7 router. If I
understand all this correctly, then I'll also need an update for my
Nexus 5X?

I think, but do not know for sure, that the primary thing that needs to
protected is the client not the Access point. Ie, your Android (do they
use wpa_supplicant, since Android is based on Linux?) IOs , or your
laptop.
As far as I have seen, there is no fix out yet for wpa_supplicant.

It seems that the reason Windows is more resistant is because they did
not no impliment the full spec for WPA2.