Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Frank[_31_] Frank[_31_] is offline

Default Quality AM radio

On Sat, 14 Oct 2017 17:25:58 -0700, Dave Platt wrote:

The FCC's regulations are quite clear:

ยง 73.788 Service; commercial or sponsored programs.

(a) A licensee of an international broadcast station shall render only
an international broadcast service which will reflect the culture of
this country and which will promote international goodwill,
understanding, and cooperation. Any program solely intended for and
directed to an audience in the continental United States does not meet
the requirements for this service.

These aren't new regs; this section dates back to 1963 and was last
amended in 1973.

So what? American domestic SW stations have been broadcasting to a
domestic audience since at least around 1970 when I was entertained by HL
Hunt sponsored right wing propaganda on radio station WINB.

It reached a peak around the Y2K period when overtly racist neo-nazi
babblers could be found among the end time preachers, conspiratorialists,
and other kooks of domestic SW radio.

Domestic SW broadcasting has been a real world fact, if not a legal fact,
for decades.

I'm not aware of the FCC enforcing any speech codes or domestic SW
broadcasting requirements in modern times. Maybe it's not enforceable?
I dunno.

No, you don't need to mention it, because it's really rather irrelevant.
The FCC regulations apply to _any_ US organization that wants to set up
an international broadcast station. Dissidents have a right to equal
treatment before the law, _and_ they have an equal obligation to respect
the rules (or step up and face the consequences for not doing so).

So, if that group of dissidents applies for an international broadcast
authorization, asked for a frequency assignment, and then tried to
"re-purpose" their station in a way which is _specifically_ prohibited
by the regulations, it's not surprising they got slapped... and I have
no particular sympathy for them. I expect a similar thing would happen
to any other "international" broadcaster that tried a similar stunt.

Kookcasters don't have the budget for their own radio station. They buy
time on brokered SW stations. A broadcaster like the Jeremiah 33:3
Ministries guy has been kicked off at least a couple of stations for not
paying his bills. A real loss for those who need to learn every kooky
detail on the Masonic/Alien/David Rockefeller Conspiracy which controls
EVERYTHING.

I haven't heard ADV in a while. Sometimes broadcasters go vagabond,
sometimes they're just gone.