Patscga

Default Any risk in buying a house with finished basement without permit -Please advise

I'm not trying to kid anybody. I'm a real estate broker in Atlanta, GA. I
also am a home owner. I also have neighbors who finished basements themselves
and never had inspections and the houses sold several times after that. I also
have had contractors who have told me they would forego the inspections in
order to save me me from having my property taxes raised. I also have
reported one of these contractors and was told by the County inspection office
that people do that all the time and there's nothing they can do about it.
Pat