Posted to alt.home.repair
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Hurricane Ophelia Prompts Amber and Yellow Weather Warnings ForBritish Isles

On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 05:36:32 +0100, wrote:

On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 12:01:57 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 13:32:40 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 18:14:24 +0100, Bod wrote:

Winds of up to 70mph (113km/h) are expected to hit Northern Ireland,
northern England and Wales and southern and central Scotland on
Monday,
lasting well into the night.

The weather system will lose its Hurricane status but remains a
major storm.

*Why did you lot send this storm over to us?** ;-)

We are just sharing the fun. We don't even put the shutters up for a
little puff of wind like that. Irma was a Cat 3 when the eye went over
my house. (120-130 MPH)
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/irma%20back%20yard.wmv

Yep.* Even here in the desert, a 70 MPH wind storm is small stuff.* It
does feel like standing in front of a sand blaster, though.

Your screen pool cover held up well. A cousin was in the business.
Hurricanes bought him a lot of bread & butter

Yup I lost 5 panels but that is just screen. The cage came out fine.
This is the 21st century code so it is tougher than the old ones.
As Ron White says it is not "that" the wind is blowing, it is "what"
the wind is blowing. Just adding a lot of rain to the mix will
increase the impact of 120 mph winds.

I was on a nudist beach in France with a galeforce wind.* That felt nice
:-)

30 years ago today the south of the UK had winds of 115mph.

--
Bod