Posted to sci.electronics.repair
rickman rickman is offline

Default Walkie Talkie battery replacement

wrote on 10/16/2017 3:37 AM:
On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 16:34:32 -0500, Peabody
wrote:

I see that I can buy a set of two replacement EBL brand battery packs (BP40)
on Ebay for under $8 delivered for the pair. I've always had good luck with
generic batteries, but I know others haven't. Has anyone here had experience
with these? Genuine Uniden replacements would be about $40.

A totally different battery, but my cellphone battery was getting real
weak, The phone is a basic phone, not a smartphone, and the whole phone
cost me $20. I went to "Batteries Plus". I was shocked when he quoted me
$50 for a battery. I was gonna just buy another phone, but first I went
to Ebay. Bought a battery on ebay for $5 shipped. It lasted well over 2
years, until the phone needed to be updated/replaced. I still have that
battery, because the new phone uses the same. That way I have a spare.

I used to be on a pay by the minute cell plan and it costs $30 for a minutes
card. Or I could buy a new phone and get a $30 minutes card with it for
$30. So I ended up with a collection of phones all using the same battery
and accessories. Unfortunately that phone couldn't be used with my new
carrier, so I have a different phone, but like you when I thought my battery
was getting weak, I found a new phone for $12 was much cheaper than even the
low cost replacement batteries for $20.

Eventually I'll end up with a smart phone. Resistance is futile...

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998