The Natural Philosopher

Default Fitting aerial on roof - how to get up there!

David Aldridge wrote:

"John Flax" wrote in message

Have you considered putting an aerial in the loft?

I could - but its a squeeze getting up there!

I need to get a good strong reception - what would the difference in
reception be?

That depends entirely on how high up it is, what teh roof is made of and
where you are in locatin to teh transmitter.

In my case recpetion is perfect ith a GOOD loft mounted aerial, pointed
at my local transmitter, which is almost direct line of sight about 12
miles away.

I am going sideways through conventional tiles at that point. chicken
wire coated thatch part of roof proved less optimal :-)

Dave.