Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Walkie Talkie battery replacement

On Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 2:34:38 PM UTC-7, Peabody wrote:
I bought a set of Uniden GMR2240-2CK walkie talkies... one of the radios refused to
transmit, and showed a low battery indicator, earlier than it should have.

The thing that's curious is that if I wait a while after the shutdown, I can
fire up the radio again, and it shows a full battery indicator...

Probably there's an internal battery connection that's gone faulty. Internal
faults account for lots of flaky battery behavior, usually there's just a bit
of electrode material slightly loose against a crimped-in cap.

It's not age related, but it IS very very annoying. You might be able to get
two good cells from a 3-cell pack, though, if it's worth the trouble of
doing a pack disassembly.