Posted to rec.woodworking

Default workbench height

On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 08:04:36 -0400, Keith Nuttle
wrote:

On 10/15/2017 5:19 AM, Just Wondering wrote:
On 10/14/2017 9:47 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
currently mine is at 35 inches but i am think of lowering it
one guy recommended the height of horizontal palms where your
arms are straight down*** that seems too low to me

Personally,
I like my bench top the same height as my table saw.
But there is no rule, make it whatever is comfortable for you.
If 35 inches seems too low to you, then it IS too low for you.
It's your bench, not someone else's.* To paraphrase Rick Nelson,
you can't please everyone, so please yourself.* Make it chin level,
or kneecap level, if that's what you want.

"But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well.
You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself."
** -

Mine is the height of my table saw. It is on wheels so the saw and the
work bench can be arranged into the formation that provides the best
work flow for the job I am doing.

Being on wheels and the height of the table saw the bench can be an
extension of the table itself. When I rip on the saw, the bench is
placed on the out feed side of the saw and supports the pieces as they
come off of the saw.

I do the same, though the table stays behind the operator. I use the
table to break down panels but it helps when ripping, too.