Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default TIG and 309L ?

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 16:56:58 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 12-Oct-17 3:45 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Well , it's too late ... this thing was homemade to fit the fixture
that mounts to the bucket mount points . That spear is not hardened
steel but I don't know what it is. It's being stuck together with the
7018 I have on hand . If I run out I'll buy more ... I started with some
6013 , beads looked like crap . The 7018 looks better , but not much .
Some days I wish I had a 300 amp MIG machine ... others I wish I had a
new Harley . Chances of either happenin' is about even . Somewhere
between zip and zero .

I hear ya' on the latter; all I've got is Dad's old (it's Marquette
which is a klew ) stick and I'm g-awful at best...I see HF has one of
their wire w/ MIG attachments on sale for pretty doggone cheap -- I've
thought last two days of driving to Garden and looking but didn't do it...

How big of bales and bales of what? With big ones here and hauling w/
flatbed semis I'm awful nervous about spear breaking just when I
wouldn't want it to do so...a lot bad can happen in a hurry that
way...just toting a small one around the lot is pretty much ok, it isn't
nothing but a nuisance most likely...

If you look around...you can get some pretty decent welders rather
cheaply.

Do you have 3ph power available anywhere you can weld?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/cobramatic-m...-/122743123723

One of the BEST mig welders Miller ever made:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MILLER-MILLE...AOSw4CFYtey U

---