Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Hurricane Ophelia Prompts Amber and Yellow Weather Warnings For British Isles

On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 13:32:40 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 18:14:24 +0100, Bod wrote:

Winds of up to 70mph (113km/h) are expected to hit Northern Ireland,
northern England and Wales and southern and central Scotland on Monday,
lasting well into the night.

The weather system will lose it’s “Hurricane” status but remains a
“major storm”.

*Why did you lot send this storm over to us?* ;-)

We are just sharing the fun. We don't even put the shutters up for a
little puff of wind like that. Irma was a Cat 3 when the eye went over
my house. (120-130 MPH)
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/irma%20back%20yard.wmv

Yep. Even here in the desert, a 70 MPH wind storm is small stuff. It
does feel like standing in front of a sand blaster, though.

Your screen pool cover held up well. A cousin was in the business.
Hurricanes bought him a lot of bread & butter