Stormin Mormonn

Default Dirt in crawlspace

One fellow I did some work for, he has a dirt floor in the crawlspace. He
bought a LOT of the interlocking bright colored things (about two foot
square) that daycares use for padding the floor. Put a bunch of those down.

--

Christopher a. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Todd" wrote in message
m...
Last weekend I covered all the soil in the crawlspace with 4 mil black
plastic sheeting from Home Depot. It took about a day, including time
spent removing debris from the space (use a snow sled, works really
great for this purpose). I used 4 mil plastic. 6 mil might be
overkill, unless you put it in the areas where you might crawl more
often. I secured edges with large u-shaped staples from the garden
section at Home Depot.

Results were dramatic and almost instant: reduced humidity in the
crawlspace and in the house, reduced smell from the soil, no
condensation on the windows. Total expense was about $50.