Posted to rec.woodworking
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default workbench height

On 10/14/2017 11:47 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
currently mine is at 35 inches

but i am think of lowering it

one guy recommended the height of horizontal palms where your arms are
straight down

that seems too low to me

I used the standard of "a fraction lower than the height of my table saw"
which means 34". Since I'm working in a very tiny shop it is sometimes
necessary for wood going across the saw to overlap the bench. I did the
same thing for my router table's and chop saw's height. Both of these are
roll-arounds but sometimes it is more convenient to leave them in place. In
a pinch, with the router table's fence removed it can be rolled over to
serve as an outfeed for the TS.