Posted to uk.d-i-y
Yam man Yam man is offline

Default Power lights in loft from lighting circuit help please

replying to John Rumm, Yam man wrote:
Hi have jumped ahead with socket install John as I had access to plenty 2.5 MM
cable. I have ran the spur off the socket and ran it around 15 ft under floor
space then up inside cupboard clipped to the inside of door frame and ended in
a 13 amp switched fused unit I am going to run the 2.5 directly up from the
switch through the ceiling into my loft mounted on timbers is 1st double
socket (run of around 14-18ft) which is all metal surface mounted then if I'm
correct I run another length from that to my final socket. Not to sure about
earthing though any input greatly appreciated. I use incoming earth from fused
switch to face plate then fly earth from plate to back boxes is this all sound
correct?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1242228-.htm