Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Radio controlled clock an hour fast

On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 05:28:04 +0100, charles
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
On Monday, December 21, 2015 at 12:10:32 PM UTC, Chris French wrote:
A new Lidl has recently in our local town - a bit of a novelty as the
nearest Aldlidls are about 20 miles away.

Anyway, popped in today for the first time when passing, to see if they
had any interesting things in their deals. I picked up a new radio
controlled clock as our old one died.

Thing is, it's it sets itself an hour fast. Instructions say it uses
the DCF77 signal from Mainflingen in Germany, which presumably is
giving time in CET (GMT+1). Now I don't really know how the system
works, but the clocks obviously don't know where in the world they are
so presumably are set to pickup a specific signal.

I have a radio controlled watch, but on that I can set the time zone)

So are Lidl are selling a load of clocks which will set themselves
wrong
:-)
-- Chris French

These are from the UK, and are set to DCF signal, dont buy these for GB,
you need MSF

You can use DCF clocks in the UK, you just need to put in a 1hr offset.
We've had one in our Village Hall for years.

I thought the autumn clock change date differed between us and
continental Europe. Is there not a period with no offset?