John Laird

Default OT - Monitors - TFT v. CRT

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:02:43 +0000, Grunff wrote:

Christian McArdle wrote:

What have you got in the thing?

Depends which one you mean, but the hungriest one has a 2.4gig
athlon (about 90W), 2 hard drives, and a GeForce 4. Not
particularly high spec, but easily eats 200W when running.

The Seagate Barracuda 80Gb drive I have in my PC consumes a whole 13W when
active, and your cpu is spec'd at under 70W. Have you upped your bus speed
to 600Mhz or something, or is your graphics card a real hog ? (Still would
expect it to not be using much power in a quiescent mode, though - why have
graphics work no-one can see...)

--
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Mail john rather than nospam...