Posted to uk.d-i-y
Yam man Yam man is offline

Default Power lights in loft from lighting circuit help please

replying to John Rumm, Yam man wrote:
Sorry not been clear in last post. The Fcu will have only 3amp fuse in for the
described light that's goin to be removed if I ever remove the light from the
lighting curcuit. I wouldn't take double sockets from lighting as I know it's
a no no unless amped down to 3-5 amp max? But I plan on taking cable from the
rear of our socket on the landing down inside wall and under floorboards run
of around 6ft then up the inside of cupboard halfway up wall into 13amp sfu
then cable into loft which is run of around 15-18ft clipping it directly to
the wall in cupboard and into loft then a double switched 13 amp socket from
which I want to future proof and add a 2nd double socket. (Never no might hide
away from the wife and need home cinema kit installed) that's the plan for
the power sockets does that all sound ok? Is there any rule reason not to use
4mm t&e to spur from socket? I'm using 1.5mm for the lighting curcuit. Does
this all sound ok or am I seriously missing something? Thanks for help again
guys

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1242228-.htm