Chris

Default First home inspection coming up...

B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote
in :

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:59:10 -0500, Joe Esposito
wrote:

As well as inspectors that are recommended by real estate agents.

Agents HATE "deal breaker" inspectors, as they would rather see you
unknowingly buy a money pit rather than lose a commission. They'll
usually recommend someone who will point out a leaky pipe, or a dead
outlet, but not the fact that the roof is 5 years past it's
replacement point, or the furnace is dying.

In MA realtors can not reccomend inspectors (state law.) I would choose a
well known outfit that comes reccomended. (actually, I did. Also since it
was an FHA loan they sent an inspector as well, which I had to pay for.)

Chris