Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sino57@gmail.com is offline

Default How to replace 2-pin fluorescent base socket in overhead bathroom fixture

On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 9:28:03 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 20:29:03 -0400, "Steven L."
wrote:

Keystones are available at the home store and it is just a 2 wire
hookup. You might want to pick up some small orange wirenuts too. Pop
the center cover off, it may be 2 screws or just clipped in there.
(Squeeze the base on both sides) Take out the old keystone (they
usually fall out) put in the new one and hook it up like the old one.

If you have tender hands, wear gloves. The metal is usually sharp.

I should have mentioned: It's a GX-23 bulb and GX-23 socket.

Here's the replacement I'm ordering, so you can see the kind of socket I'm talking about:

http://tinyurl.com/yc3d776v

or from another vendor

http://tinyurl.com/y8pfd5pk

My MAIN question is: How do you disconnect the wires from the old GX-23 socket? Is there like a clip or spring or something that lets you remove the wires from it?

Please tell me I don't have to cut the wires!

-- Steven L.