Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Quality AM radio

wrote:

----------------------------

I can understand what you're saying, but to enjoy it, you first need
radio stations worth listening to. You may have it completely different
in Australia, but where I live, AM is just talk radio (mostly
politics), or religious stuff. For that, who needs quality sound?

** Australian AM radio is also dominated by talk / talk back programs.

There is some music still and the government broadcaster (the ABC) keeps the signal pretty clean and wide band - up to 12kHz at most.

Since wer are talking AM radio. I recall back in the 90s or was it the
early 2000s, they were working on AM Stereo. What ever happened to that?
I have not heard anything about it in years.

** No longer in use, but AM stereo receivers give top sound quality in mono long as you have a strong local signal.

Ok, now i have to ask..... What kind of music do the kangaroos prefer to
listen to in Australia?

** Has to be " hip-hop " of course .....

..... Phil