Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_11_] Graham.[_11_] is offline

Default Power lights in loft from lighting circuit help please

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 20:44:02 GMT, Yam man
m coalesced the
vapors of human experience into a viable and meaningful
comprehension...

replying to Bob Minchin, Yam man wrote:
Thanks for input guys. So I've found a lighting cable that reads live on
voltage tester pen I can turn off breaker to lights then cut that cable wire
both ends into a new 4way 20 amp jb. Join my switch into that loop then from
switch I join on my light? Is that correct? I have basic knowledge and
awareness of electrics but I'm a mechanic not a sparky so apologies if I'm not
very quick on uptake we all learn new sometime. I'm not sure about where the
earth come from or to for the light fitting? It has a cable and 3pin usual
plug on I plan on cutting it off and it should have earth in that is that not
sufficient? Thanks again for all and any help.

Odd that it was supplied with a plug, but that seems OK.
Just for the avoidance of doubt, this lighting circuit is protected by
a 6 amp breaker, yes?

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%