Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] bruce2bowser@gmail.com is offline

Default Quality AM radio

J.B. Wood wrote:
On 10/11/2017 11:44 PM, MOP CAP wrote:
Does anyone have a recomendation for a quality AM receiver? I have a
cabin in the low Sierras and have trouble receiving AM. I would prefer
one that would not require an outside antenna.
Thanks,
CP

Hello, and you want a radio of requisite sensitivity so you can enjoy
the "quality' of AM radio? Can you parse languages other than English?
Just kidding. In addition to the advice already provided by others, you
might want to check with a seller like C.C. Crane. I assumed by "AM"
you meant the medium wave (535-1700 kHz) band.

Right, the AM band, which, regarding radio, is an abbreviation for 'Amplitude Modulation' as opposed to FM (Frequency Modulation). Unless you confuse AM (Ante Meridian) here in this thread to mean morning-time only radio use.