Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default TIG and 309L ?

On 10/12/2017 11:57 AM, dpb wrote:
On 12-Oct-17 8:08 AM, dpb wrote:

"No" to welding the spear to the mounting -- if like any we've got
had/ever seen it (the spear) should be threaded on the rear in a near
friction-fit housing. They're hardened and never even tried to weld the
spear itself--can't think you'll have much luck there.

Start with rebuilding it with replacement sleeve/spears...they're
readily available and not particularly expensive.

https://www.sloanex.com/hay-parts/bale-spears.html

--

Â* Well , it's too late ... this thing was homemade to fit the fixture
that mounts to the bucket mount points . That spear is not hardened

Â* --

Â* Snag