Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Trex deck

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 11:09:30 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 10:04:30 AM UTC-7, Frank wrote:
Workers just left, finishing deck in the rain. Photo taken through
sliding door:

https://imgur.com/a/BHOta

Contractor still needs to clean up and county has to inspect.

I had started looking into this back early in the year and sought advice
here. Got a bid from Lowes that I did not like in May then waited til
end of summer and got three more bids. One I liked and chose was 2nd
lowest.

At my age, definitely not a DYI project but there was a lot of work on
choice of materials and finding a good contractor and I appreciated
advice from this group.

I chose Trex because it is essentially maintenance free and oldest on
the market of all the synthetics. These materials need time to go
through their growing pains as Trex did. Bad comments were on light
stability and mold resistance of early Trex which have been cured.
I might have gone Azex but it cost over 1/3rd more.

You did the right thing and your timing was great.

You won't be sorry - Looks good!!