Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Rusty Drill Press Column, Part II

On 10/12/2017 2:29 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:
The drill press is now less rusty than it was and acceptable for use. Is
there something we could apply to lubricate the column and keep it from
rusting again? Paste wax maybe?

I use a good grade of liquid car wax on all of the shiny surfaces on the
tools in my shop. This includes the drill press column, the tables on
the saw, drill press, and tools like squares, etc.

I do it about once a year, but it would vary with your use of the tool.

Every several years I clean the surfaces with a petroleum material, gas,
light oil, etc. or what ever I place my hands on first. Remove any
residuals and rewax. This helps prevent a build up of wax on any of the
surfaces.

--
2017: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre