Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Quality AM radio

On Thursday, 12 October 2017 19:32:11 UTC+1, micky wrote:
In sci.electronics.repair, on Thu, 12 Oct 2017 06:09:17 -0700 (PDT),
tabbypurr wrote:
On Thursday, 12 October 2017 12:32:06 UTC+1, wrote:
On Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 11:44:10 PM UTC-4, MOP CAP wrote:

I don't have the best antenna. I took 4-wire phone line, solder two
pair together at one end and one pair at the radio-end so it goes down
and back twice and it was stretched down the stairs. I think I should
more it to the attic.

I've used lengths of plastic twine at the ends as insulators. Effective, always to hand, easy, cheap.

The old Vega/Ocean radios are very cheap dx sets. Some mericans might not like their origins. But don't worry, they don't run Kaspersky.

I run Kaspersky but I lie about what I'm doing so when they report back,
it will just confuse the Kremlin.