Wendy Chatley Green

Default First home inspection coming up...

For some inexplicable reasons, B a r r y B u r k e J r .
wrote:

:On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 16:59:10 -0500, Joe Esposito
wrote:
:
:From someone who learned the hard way.....
:
:First thing... if you hired one of those $300 inspectors
:(Homecheck...) be careful because they typically aren't "deal
:breakers"
:
:As well as inspectors that are recommended by real estate agents.
:
:Agents HATE "deal breaker" inspectors, as they would rather see you
:unknowingly buy a money pit rather than lose a commission. They'll
:usually recommend someone who will point out a leaky pipe, or a dead
utlet, but not the fact that the roof is 5 years past it's
:replacement point, or the furnace is dying.

Maybe it's only Texas and Florida, but none of my agents for
purchases in those states recommended a home inspector. They did have
photocopies of names and addresses of local inspectors, but I wasn't
required to choose from those lists.

--
Wendy Chatley Green