Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default are there salvagable parts in a Sharp LCD tv

On Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 11:27:34 PM UTC-4, Foxs Mercantile wrote:
On 10/11/2017 11:02 AM, wrote:

For the record, we have been to China - it is a fascinating country

I've been there twice on vacation.
The most striking part of China, is that while we allow
bridges full of traffic to fall into rivers, they are plowing
tons of money into their infrastructure.

Something similar happened after WW-II - the US infrastructure from rails to factories was almost entirely worm out due to heavy use. On the other hand, European and Japanese infrastructure was crushed. They built new from everything they had learned from the US (Deming), modern production methods and more. They revised their entire rail system ... and subsequently cleaned our collective and several clocks for efficiency. They did not have the materials and wealth to replace their transportation systems with automobiles, so they maintained their passenger and light-rail systems.

On the other hand, we built the Interstate and Defense Highway system from the 50s to the 80s, where it became the envy of the world. Now, a highway is designed to last about 25 years without much maintenance. A highway bridge somewhere to about 50 years, with the upper limits around 75 years. Guys and gals - we are there - and beyond.

Interstate and federal highways are paid for by the gasoline tax. Which has remained at $0.184/gallon since 1993. It should be $0.317/gallon by inflation Writing for myself, I would gladly pay that amount if I could be assure of safe bridges and highways, and better public transportation options - and that it would not be diverted for other purposes.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA