Larry C.

Default First home inspection coming up...

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:31:02 +0000 (UTC), Chris Eller
wrote:

Hello all. My wife and I are 99% through the process of purchasing a home
for the first time. I'll be following the inspector through the home
tomorrow. I plan on taking notes along with him, but I was hoping to
glean some information from the pool of experience here.

Are there things I should especially keep an eye peeled for during the
inspection? This is in south central Indiana, the home was built in 1965
and it has been raining today and is forcast to rain more tomorrow. The
home has an unfinished basement (smelled and looked very dry during a
prior visit, but it had not rained recently).

I would be sure to have the inspector check the wiring to determine if
copper or aluminum was used.