Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default Quality AM radio

On 12/10/2017 2:44 PM, MOP CAP wrote:
Does anyone have a recomendation for a quality AM receiver? I have a
cabin in the low Sierras and have trouble receiving AM. I would prefer
one that would not require an outside antenna.
Thanks,
CP

**Assuming you have no internet capability (the best way to receive AM),
then your next best option is to find an old, 1960s vintage, solid
state, car radio. Since few car radios had FM capability back then, the
AM qualities were excellent. If you have lots of cash, then one of these
will provide superb AM performance:

http://classichifi.info/SansuiTU-X1.shtml

I had one on the bench last year. Surprisingly impressive and quite
sophisticated (even has a synchronised detector!) AM section. A bit much
for a cabin radio though.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au