Posted to uk.d-i-y
TimW TimW is offline

Default Rip saw, how many teeth

On 11/10/17 21:51, ss wrote:
I need to replace the blade in my bench saw, it will only have very
occasional use for ripping (prob max of 1.4 cms wood), would 24 or 40
teeth be better?

a ripping blade would have less teeth, probably not be TCT and would
leave a poor finish, but it would cut fast. There is a method of
calculating how many teeth you might want but you would need to input
the motor speed, blade dia, feed rate and power and i don't know what
the formula is.

a sharp ripping blade is a joy to use but is a single purpose blade. you
know that I am sure. it isn't the same as a general purpose blade
without a lot of teeth.

TW