Joseph Meehan

Default Best way to re-glaze leaded glass windows

Fix it right and it will be good for 50-100 years. Try to get by with a
quick easy fix and you will be back at it in a year or three.

Best bet on a window that size is to have a pro do it. It may mean
disassembly and rebuilding it. Check the yellow pages for stain glass.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Dave Solly" wrote in message
I have leaded glass windows that need to be re-glazed. These windows have
about 45 3X3 inch pieces of glass. That's 180 sides for each window!! I
picked out as much of the old glazing from the windows using a dental

pick.
The remaining cavity around the glass is about 1/16" wide and about 1/32"
deep. So far, I've spent about an hour shoving the glaze into 6 pieces of
glass. I am using DAP 1012 glazing compound ("for use with metal framed
windows") and a narrow putty knife. I tried forming a "string" of glazing
compond, but it sticks to my hand, and even if I could get a good string,
it would probably break apart because it would be too thin.

There has to be an easier way. Can anyone give me some hints?

Thanks.

Dave
email doesn't work.