Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hankat Hankat is offline

Default Votes for freedom

news
On 11/10/17 13:29, Mark wrote:
On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 21:54:55 +0100, alan_m

Indeed. We should have been asked if we wanted to leave the EU every
year for the last 40...

In some respects we have had that vote, for our MEPs, and most of the
voting population have said **** of we want nothing to do with them -
they don't represent us! The writing was on the wall for BREXIT for at
least three decades.

No. Only 37% of the electorate voted for Brexit.

Only 34% voted to stay

The rest presumably couldn't give a **** one way or the other.

Or believed the polls and didnt bother to vote because they
assumed the result would be to stay and they wanted to stay.

Or had similar mixed intentions as the above, so a majority would still
want to leave.

That isnt a foregone conclusion.

And I am a BRexiter, IMO the UK will do fine outside the EU
and will be able to decide who it allows to move to the UK
and be able to decide policy for itself, and has a decent
democracy, unlike the EU which has nothing even remotely
like a real democracy with unelected unsackable bureaucrats
deciding policy and the EP only being able to tick or reject that
and not being able to repeal existing legislation if it decides to.