Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Gutter installation/attachment questions

On Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 9:14:08 AM UTC-4, Jeremiah Roper wrote:
replying to John, Jeremiah Roper wrote:
Actually roof warranty is void with most manufacturers if you lift the shingle
and screw underneath.

The man said nails.

Anything sticking up under a shingle like a screw head,

The man said nails.

will work it's way through the shingle quickly causing a much bigger problem.
Screws or nails work out over time and it only takes one summer to poke up
through the roof.

The roof deck is full of nails holding the deck on. I guess any nails
holding hangers would be subject to different loads and might pull out
easier. And if screws or nails wind up pulling out, what does that say
about using them on top of the shingles too?

I've personally seen it. Now I install straps on top.

--

Not on my roof, you wouldn't. I wouldn't have brackets over or under
the shingles. If normal brackets that go into the fascia were used in