Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Cutting polycarbonate sheet 10mm

On 11/10/2017 03:05, Fredxxx wrote:
On 10/10/2017 15:19, ss wrote:
Twinwall:

What best to use, if possible I dont want to buy as it is a one off job.
from a 2 metre sheet I want to cut 3 x2x2 foot squares.
Tools at hand:
Blunt tenon saw, angle grinder, normal saws, circular saw 48 tooth,
Multi tool, stanley knife,jig saw with various blades.

I know this is polycarbonate, but assuming it's not too different to
Perspex, I used a sliding mitre saw.

I found it cut nicely and didn't melt the material at all. It had a
sharp carbide tipped blade.

Thanks all for the replies and ideas, I should have a bit of excess so
can trial different methods and see what works best.