Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomas Prufer Thomas Prufer is offline

Default Cutting polycarbonate sheet 10mm

On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 20:44:39 +0100, Nick Odell
wrote:

I don't know if polycarbonate has similar cutting properties to acrylic
but I thought I'd mention that, when cutting Perspex, keeping the cut
cool by moving the saw slowly gives a huge improvement IMO.

And that can still be improved...

In my experience with acrylic of 8mm or so: Using a large table saw with TCT
blades, going slow still left a raised/melted burr. A faster second pass taking
off a millimeter or less gave a good edge. I think that because very little
material is removed, there is less heat involved.

I have also used compressed air as a "coolant" when sanding edges or drilling.

Thomas Prufer