Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How Do You Get The Darn Bucket Lid Off

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
news
I buy way oil and cutting lubricant in five gallon buckets. Recently
I just got tired of picking up the buckets and pouring it into a
funnel into smaller containers for filling machine and I bought a
couple bucket pumps. Wow. I wish I'd done that years ago. Its SO
much easier, just as quick, and makes no mess.

I use Mobile Vactra #2 way oil which has a nice zip strip. You
don't even have to cut the separator cuts like you do on a paint
bucket. Then the lid snaps on and off easily.

HOWEVER. Master Chemical has gone to a solid rim bucket on their
SC520. There is no zip strip. There are no notches you can cut.
Its solid full thickness all the way around. I spent (and I don't
think I am exaggerating) 15 minutes of concentrated effort with
pliers and prybars to get the lid off so I could use my bucket pump.
I swear I've changed car tires off of rims that took less effort and
were done faster. After the lid was off I had to straighten the
edges of the bucket. I'm glad I wasn't pulling the top off a
completely full bucket or it would have made a huge mess.

So, there has got to be an easier way get that darn lid off. Please
tell me. What the heck is it?

https://www.amazon.com/Bucket-Lid-Wr.../dp/B006RXPV4Y