Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Aldi grinders - for wood chisels?

In article ,
Lobster wrote:
Just received my weekly AldiMail, and spotted a couple of bench grinders
coming in.
I do already have a small bench grinder, but could really do with something
that would grind wood chisel and plane blades. I notice that one of these
Aldi items (the "Wet and Dry Bench Grinder") is depicted with a chisel next
to it, suggesting it might fit the bill?
https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-wet-...95057174724501
(My current machine has two grinding wheels, which both look like the
right-hand one on the Aldi machine - it's the left-hand wheel which is
presumably of interest.

There's a second machine (a "Bench Grinder and Sander") which has a belt
sander... would that be of any use for my purpose?
https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-benc...95057157822300

I find a combination grinder and belt sander the most useful in my small
workshop.

For sharpening planes etc, a wet wheel would definitely be an asset. But
one large enough to do a plane blade easily might be a problem.

--
*We waste time, so you don't have to *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.