Posted to alt.home.repair
r&nsnoq r&nsnoq is offline

Default Washable Electrostatic Furnace Filters - Use While Wet?

replying to trader4, r&nsnoq wrote:
The metal electrostatic reusuable filters work great for my allergies. The
older the house, the more dust it collects. I clean mine quarterly, and if I
get lazy, I regret it. I see a huge difference in the amount of dust in the
house.
The furnace guy said to use a product called DAX to best wash the filters. I
used a diluted DAX in a spray bottle... if left too long, I had to clean 2 or
3 times.
I let them dry because I always have -- not sure what's best. We just always
let them dry -- and i put them in plain site so I nearly trip over them

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...et-425549-.htm