Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Salvage - Hydraulic Pump

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message news
"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
news
I pressed it off with the hydraulic press and had a very dirty, but
pristine spline shaft remaining on the pump.

I spent a lot of time machining a spline broach to mount a pulley on a
salvaged splined shaft pump. When the die-cast pulley loosened after a
few years I bought the $100 keyed shaft pump I should have the first
time.

https://www.zoro.com/hub-city-precis...s/g/00115002/?

-jsw

I'm having fun. Basically I'm turning a log splitter into a dual acting
hydraulic shop press. I've found spline shaft adapters. I'm probably going
to with with a direct drive 1750 RPM electric motor and an oldham style
coupler.

Sadly I found a nipple snapped off in the control valve. Hopefully removing
that won't be quite as big of an adventure.