Andrei

Default New, larger windows in a brick house?

We are considering buying a 10-year-old ranch-style brick house, which
has relatively small windows. I don't like this- it's not enough light
in the house. Therefore, I got an idea to remove a few old windows,
enlarge the openings and install new, bigger windows.

Questions a Is it possible to do it at all and if yes, how
expensive could it be? I have an impression that enlarging the
opening in the brick wall, i.e. removing some of the existing breaks
that surround the existing opening, might be impossible from the
structural point of view. I don't have any experience in things like
this, so I'll need to hire a professional. How much could it cost?

TIA,

Andrei