Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Not so smart meter

On 08/10/2017 13:56, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Andrew Gabriel
wrote:

If you want a smart meter, wait for a SMETS2 one.

I'm still unclear as to why I might *want* a smart meter.

I wanted one because:

1. It meant I could have an isolator fitted for around 30 quid - switch
and tails included.

2. I also gained the assurance that the fuse in the incomer (which
hadn't been touched for decades) was safe to remove.

3. The smart meter avoided the need to have meter readers calling at
inconvenient hours for the electricity meter indoors. (Inner London
gets more visits than the average checks.) Also avoided the need for me
to go outside to read the gas meter.

4. I have a Henley block available to bypass the meter should the need
arise

--
Robin