Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Weather-proof "lazy susan" type bearing race...

On Sat, 7 Oct 2017 08:53:26 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"whit3rd" wrote in message
On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 8:44:55 PM UTC-7,
wrote:
I'm doing a roulette wheel and used the common hardware lazy susan
disk. However, the weight, using it vertically, and repeated spins
caused a ball bearing to fall out. I am looking for something either
better or sealed. The wheel weighs about ten pounds. Ideas?

Tapered roller bearing. Same as on your car's front wheel.

https://www.banggood.com/30207-30210-Steel-Single-Row-Taper-Tapered-Roller-Bearing-Metric-Taper-Bearings-p-1094422.html?rmmds=search

Wheel bearings like that are widely available at low cost to repair
boat and utility trailers.

Great minds think alike.

If a press-in cylindrical bearing would be too difficult to mount this
style is available:
http://www.baileyhydraulics.com/Stai...No-SUCSF207-22

Here he goes, the whole kit. Use as much as he likes, mount the wheel
to the hub with or without the studs. http://tinyurl.com/yasta65n
$38 delivered!

-- Sir Winston Churchill